Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Whoa!

So, it seems that people are still reading my blog and I am ashamed that I have not posted ANYTHING since January. I know, I know; shame on me. But I am here now!

So, I have a confession to make. I am in 4 online classes this semester at IUPUI and one thing I have come to realize is that college is typically super easy... I spend a maximum of 3 hours a week (more or less) on all four of my classes, and I have an A in each and every one of them. Doesn't that bother you a bit? I mean, I do every assignment, but I almost never crack open a book. It's kind of astounding to me how I can pass each class with flying colors without even trying. The worst part is that these classes are for my major. 300 level classes that I don't even need to study for.

Now, don't think that I am a big-headed, pompous freak; because I'm not. I'm merely observing how the responsibilities and preparedness of receiving an "oh so important" college degree can be achieved with such a small amount of motivation. And the fact that I'm slowly working myself into such a LARGE amount of debt is even more disturbing.

"Let's teach you absolutely nothing, and charge you more money than you'll ever make in your lifetime so you can receive a degree that you will probably never use!"

Does that sound about right to you? Yeah, me too.

1 comment:

  1. Shaina...keep posting...consistency is the key to relevancy

    ReplyDelete