Friday, October 8, 2010

Lack of movement is enhancing my rear - And not in a good way!

As you know, I am taking classes at IUPUI. This semester, I have impressively crammed my classes into 2 days a week to minimize the amount of driving time. Because of this, I decided to get myself something most people would call a job. The depressing thing about it is that I sit. And sit. And sit. I'm sure plenty of you know what I mean when I say that my rear is expanding. My God! Who would actually choose to sit for 8 hours straight? Ooh, I know. ME... I get up after work and feel like I must walk sideways (crab style) to get out the office door.

Because my ass has been complaining regularly about its widening size, I have begun much needed cardio. Yesterday, I swore up and down that I would stay on the stair stepper machine for an entire hour. Because no one believed I could do it, I did. And it felt amazing!! Of course now, all I want to do is go back and do it again. Which I must say is pretty amusing, considering that the entire time I was on the damn thing, all I wanted to do was get off of it. Ha!

Speaking of walking up stairs, we had a fire drill at my office on Wednesday. We're on the 13th floor. You must be crazy to think that I'm walking all the way down 13 flights of stairs for a planned fire drill. Now, it's not the exercise I was complaining about. It was just the sheer stupidity of the whole thing. So yes, I took the elevator. Haha!

Now, don't judge. You know you would've done the same thing.

Speaking of judging. Does anyone else out there have a child that somewhat resembles a snail/turtle in the mornings? I don't understand how someone with nonstop energy can mutate into such a slow and zombie-like state during the only time in the day that I want him to be speedy! "Hurry up" is not in his vocabulary!

And I must tell you how much he resembles me when I was his age. His face is always stuck in a book. I love it! :) But I must admit that because I work and go to school, and he goes to bed at 7pm, I rarely ever see him, and when I pick him up from school, guess what he does the whole way home? READS! "How was your day honey?" Response: "Fine".... "Did you learn anything?" Response: "Mmm, no." Grrrrr...

But I guess that's the typical response for a boy that is growing up and becoming more independent, huh? My boyfriend also reminded me yesterday that eventually he won't even speak to me. Of course, I asked my son if he would still hang out with me when he was a teenager. His response, "YES! We'll hang out all the time! You're the best mommy E V E R!!!" Uh huh.... Sure. We'll see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment