Saturday, October 30, 2010

The River of Sadness

My life has always been somewhat of a joke. I always thought God was mad at me for some reason. Ever since I was a child, things just happen to me that no one would wish upon their worst enemy. I've always tried to make the most of the bad and turn it into good, but there's always those nagging thoughts that just completely fill my mind with negativity. Once someone gets to that point, a good cry is usually what's necessary... But life has not been good to me.

Everyone has dreams, inspirations, goals that they aspire to achieve. Every day I wake up eager to fulfill my goals. I am always optimistic about the results of my hard work and expectations. Even when the day ends and I haven't seem to have gotten anywhere, I will always try. Do you know why I call it the River of Sadness? Because when your sad, it flows through you. It consumes every part of your body until it makes you weak. You can feel it in your bones. Sadness can eat you from the inside out. That's why it's necessary to stay optimistic about all of your endeavors. If you don't, you will never make it.

Life has never been kind to me, but every day I try. I try to focus on the good things and try to drop my stresses at the door, because raising a son by yourself when you're stressed to the max is not healthy for you or him. And children can sense tension and unhappiness. They feed off of you. If you're stressed and grumpy, they will be too.

So focus on your successes and achievements. It is vital to prepare yourself mentally everyday for the roadblocks ahead, because they will always be there. Keep your chin up and smile. No matter how dark your life feels, it isn't as bad as it seems, and there's always a way to make it better. It just takes a lot of diligence, patience, and determination.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful, strong, and courageous woman! I am so blessed to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete