Thursday, January 6, 2011

True Inspiration Isn't Hard To Find

I've been thinking quite a bit about inspiration for my blogs and where to find it. Then I began to realize that when it comes from the heart, it's the most influential thought process I could have. My biggest inspiration would be my son. There's little things you see in them that you can't help but fall in love with them all over again. The way he takes my hand just because he wants to be close to me. Or the look of peace on his face when he's asleep. Of course, you've heard time and time again, that you'll never know what true unconditional love is until you've become a mother. This is true beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The innocence in his eyes is unmistakable. His soul is still pure and his intentions always good. Children should always be the inspiration of your heart. Knowing that you are molding their entire existence to become someone great is enough to drive me to always better myself and to always protect his heart and mind in any way I know possible.

Even the fears that grip you when they get hurt, or how you can (incredibly) bolt upright out of bed from the slightest whimper. This is what we're made for. The pure adrenaline to support, protect and nourish our young. Who needs better inspiration then that?! One of my favorite times of the day is right before it's time to turn out his light. All of the frustrations and exasperation of the day are gone, and all that's left is me and him. He tells me all about his day (which I can't seem to get out of him right after school) and the excitement in his voice warms my heart with such vigor. He's intense and his stories are so vivid. He's growing up and it's so hard to remember that. He's so intelligent and so independent, and yet his mind is so pliable that it's sometimes hard to remember that every second of the day, my actions are teaching him what he should be like as he gets older.

So always remind yourself that your children are reason enough to be kind and caring and thoughtful throughout your days, because time moves swiftly and your children are your main priority. All the worries of the day will be gone or you'll see them in the morning. At the end of the day, it's just you... and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment